1) The absolute authority and divine inspiration of the Old and New Testaments as the Word of God as originally given
2) The unity of the Godhead and the divine co-equality of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit; three persons, one God; who is sovereign in creation, providence and redemption.
3) The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. His virgin birth, His perfect and sinless humanity, the infallibility of His teaching, His work of atonement for sinners by shedding His precious blood on the cross, as a substitute sin bearer and Saviour, His bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven and His present priestly intercession for His people at the right hand of God the Father.
4) The Holy Spirit’s Deity and personality and the necessity of His work in the saving of sinners, also in the ministry of the Word and understanding of the Scriptures.
5) The personality of Satan, his opposition to God, his purpose and his corruption and enslavement of man.
6) The total depravity of human nature in consequence of the fall and the necessity of regeneration. Those saved by the blood of Christ are redeemed, called by the Holy Spirit through the preaching of the gospel unto repentance and faith, regenerated, justified, adopted, sanctified, caused to persevere unto the end and finally glorified.
7) The ordinances of Baptism and Lord’s Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, but not in Baptism as conveying regenerating grace, nor in the Lord’s Supper as being a sacrifice for sin nor involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
8) The visible, personal and bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ to this earth in power and great glory, to receive His people, to raise the dead, both righteous and unrighteous and to judge all men. The wicked will be consigned to hell to suffer the just and everlasting punishment for their sin, while the godly will enter into everlasting joy with Christ in heaven.
9) The one holy universal church, which is the body of Christ, to whom all true believers belong, responsible for the evangelisation of the world. The call to holiness of life and Christian service in conformity with the teaching of God’s Holy Word.
Stanton Lees Chapel